I took a trip to Silicon Valley last week, and it was a great reminder of how innovative this country is and how we value dynamic economic competition. With the seed of government funded research and catalyzed by the first venture capitalists, Silicon Valley has grown into a unique economic center and a symbol of American ingenuity. The high value placed on the practice of entrepreneurship is commendable and it is inspiring to see what has been created.
Elements of Silicon Valley exist all over the world, including right here in the Midwest and the Columbus Region. These trips are great reminders of what can be done when entrepreneurs are nurtured and a “what’s next?” ethos is embraced. Let’s have a great week.
One Columbus Update
- As noted above, we traveled to Silicon Valley this past week to visit companies along with our great partners from The Ohio State University College of Engineering.
- The One Columbus team remains in Japan and is traveling home at the end of the week. They have met with dozens of companies already and have another full week ahead. We will keep them in our thoughts and wish them safe travels.
- The One Columbus team will travel to Atlanta this week for company meetings.
- This Wednesday is the Union County Job Fair, which over 20 employers are set to attend. The One Columbus team will be on site to engage participation in the Regional Workforce Assessment.
- Our team will also participate in the The Food Export Association of the Midwest‘s Learn & Sell event on Wednesday.
- In two weeks, our team will join the Columbus Regional Airport Authority for their Foreign-Trade Zone Seminar 2013. Attendees will learn more about exporting and how the FTZ program can help their businesses. Please RSVP by September 24 for this free event here.