This week thirteen years ago, our world changed. The events of September 11th are seared in our memories. Thanks to the men and women of our military, and thanks to sacrifices made by families in our country and allied countries around the world, we are safe, secure and able to pursue our dreams. It is our responsibility to remember the innocent lives that were lost over a decade ago, and those that have been lost protecting our freedom.
It is also our responsibility to take advantage of that freedom. Whether you are starting a business, teaching kids to read, furthering your education at night after a long day at work or simply showing up to work every day – these acts fly in the face of those that sought and seek to diminish freedom around the world.
One Columbus Update
- Last week, our team joined state, local and private sector partners to celebrate and congratulate Columbus Castings. The company announced the addition of 550 jobs to their South Side manufacturing facility – the largest steel foundry in North America. The nearby Reeb Elementary School will be reborn as the Reeb Avenue Center, and will serve as a training ground for new workers.
- This week, our team – along with Logan County, Union County, the City of Dublin and the City of Marysville – will join JobsOhio and REDI Cincinnati at the Midwest U.S. – Japan Association Conference in Des Moines.
- Our team will also join the rally on Wednesday, September 10, to welcome the NCAA Women’s Final Four site selection committee. The committee is visiting Columbus as they consider host locations for 2017 to 2020.
- The Columbus Region Logistics Council is hosting its fall logistics job fair on Friday, September 12, at Columbus State Community College. Click here for a list of participating employers and to register.
- The next One Columbus Investor Update will take place on October 3. In celebration of Ohio Manufacturing Month, the event will feature keynote speaker Jeffrey Rothfeder, author ofDriving Honda: Inside the World’s Most Innovative Car Company.