Incentives + Programs
For qualifying companies, the One Columbus team will help navigate funding sources and incentive programs – identifying, evaluating, and procuring the appropriate programming. Ohio offers performance-based incentives to assist companies that are starting, relocating or expanding operations in the state.
STATE TAX CREDITS
- Job Creation Tax Credit – a refundable and performance-based tax credit calculated as a percent of created payroll and applied toward the company’s commercial activity tax liability
- DataCenter Tax Abatement – provides a sales-tax exemption rate and term that allow for partial or full sales tax exemption on the purchase of eligible data center equipment
JOBSOHIO LOAN + GRANT PROGRAMS
- JobsOhio Economic Development Grant – exists to promote economic development, business expansion and job creation by providing funding for eligible projects in the state of Ohio
- JobsOhio Growth Fund – provides capital for expansion projects to companies that have limited access to funding from conventional, private sources of financing
- Research and Development Center Grant – facilitates the creation of corporate R&D centers in Ohio to support the development and commercialization of emerging technologies and products
- JobsOhio Revitalization Program – focuses on helping rejuvenate sites in preparation for end-users that support job creation opportunities for Ohioans
- JobsOhio Inclusion Grant – exists to provide financial support for eligible projects in designated distressed communities and/or for businesses owned by underrepresented populations across the state
- JobsOhio Workforce Grant – promotes economic development, business expansion and job creation by providing funding to companies for employee development and training programs
STATE LOAN + GRANT PROGRAMS
- Research and Development Investment Loan Fund – provides loan financing ranging from $500,000 to $5 million for projects primarily engaging in R&D activity
- 166 Direct Loan – gives eligible businesses loans for land and building acquisition, construction, expansion or renovation, and equipment purchases
- Ohio Enterprise Bond Fund – offers revenue bond financing through an S&P-rated fund, whereby proceeds from the sale of bonds are loaned to companies for fixed-rate, long-term capital asset financing
- Innovation Ohio Loan Fund – provides loans for acquisition, construction and related capital costs of technology, facilities and equipment purchases
- Roadwork Development (629) Funds – available for public roadway improvements, including engineering and design costs
Get additional details on state loans, grants, and tax credits, here.
Depending on your geographic location, additional incentives may be available at the local municipality or county level. Such incentives may include:
- Performance-based or job growth incentives
- Workforce training assistance and/or grants
- Loan programs
Each local incentive is determined on an individual project basis by considering factors such as job creation, payroll and capital investment.
SiteOhio: A site selection evaluation program that goes beyond the common site certification process. These sites are construction ready for immediate development on day one.
Revitalization Program: Offers loans and grants to companies to redevelop underutilized properties — both land and buildings — and put them back into productive use.
Ohio Site Inventory Program: Offers grant and low-interest loans to support speculative site and building development projects with no identified end user.
R&D Center Grant: Created to facilitate new strategic corporate R&D centers in Ohio that will support the development and commercialization of emerging technologies and/or products.