I learned something last week about the Columbus Region’s history that I felt I should have known before. This surprise was presented in this video and can be researched here.
It’s hard to be surprised today, when information regarding every subject is at our fingertips. When you are truly surprised and truly learn something about your community, take it as a gift – whether what you learn pleases or disappoints you. Surprise gives us the excuse to act.
Consider for a moment that we all have a lot to learn about the world we work and play in every day. This week, let’s search for these surprises and use them to strengthen our communities.
One Columbus Update
- Today and tomorrow, we’re meeting with site location advisors in Chicago.
- Our team will attend this week’s 2013 Commercial Developers Power Breakfast, which will feature New Albany’s economic development success.
- One Columbus and MODE are teaming up for an economic development leaders’ retreat later for two days of collaboration and strategic planning.
- Our partners at the Knox County Area Development Foundation are consistently focused on improving the local business environment. We will join them and other Knox County stakeholders for a meeting to explore enhancing workforce resource collaboration.
- The Quarterly Economic Update for Q4 2012 is now available.
- Welcome and thank you to our newest investors: Hamilton Capital Partners, Centric Consulting, Van Arsdale Management and Production, Online Computer Library Center, Gilbane Construction, IGS Energy, Crowe Horwath, Suburban Steel Supply Company, Superior Beverage Group, The Montrose Group, W.W. Williams Company and The Kirk Williams Company.