“It’s stunning to me what kind of an impact even one person can have if they have the right passion, perspective and are able to align the interest of a great team.”
This week the Rise of the Rest road trip hits the Columbus Region to create awareness of the area’s great entrepreneurs, technology-driven startups and culture. At least one company will receive an investment, and the event is sure to inspire and encourage others to pursue their dreams with even more vigor. Thank you to Steve Case for your work around the United States and the appreciation of ideas. And thank you to those who are bettering the world by starting a business, challenging the status quo and daring to do something a different way.
This week, let’s challenge ourselves as civic leaders and volunteers to work as if we are entrepreneurs.
- Revisit your purpose, mission and reason for existing.
- Practice your 30-second pitch for your work or organization.
- Talk to no less than 3 investors or major employers about their view of your “business.”
- Send three notes of thanks to those who make your work possible (private investors, government officials, utility partners).
- Visit an area of your town or city that you rarely see to inspire a new insight or perspective.
Columbus 2020 Update
- Last week, Columbus 2020 attended one of the largest events in the world focused on the internet of things. The IOT World Congress was attended by tech companies, Fortune 500 companies, and a host of businesses focused on emerging technologies like crypto-currency and blockchain solutions.
- Also last week, Columbus 2020, JobsOhio, the British Consulate General in Chicago, local officials and Columbus Region exporters joined UK Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Sir Alan Duncan for lunch and discussion about trade at BrewDog.
- This week, our team will attend Rise of the Rest events and is attending the IAMC Fall Forum in Richmond.