About the Columbus Partnership
The Columbus Partnership is a nonprofit organization of CEOs from Columbus’ leading businesses and institutions. Through our membership and other ally organizations across Central Ohio, the Partnership upholds a shared vision to make Columbus the most prosperous region in the country.
The Columbus Partnership team also includes Smart Columbus, an innovation lab that advances what is new and next at the intersection of technology and community good; and One Columbus, one of the nation’s top economic development organizations that serves the 11-county Columbus Region.
About One Columbus
Can you imagine Columbus as the most prosperous region in the United States, where every day more and more people are able to improve their economic and social well-being? We do – every day.
As the economic development organization for the 11-county Columbus Region, we’re leading a comprehensive regional growth strategy that develops and attracts the world’s most competitive companies, grows a highly adaptive workforce, prepares our communities for the future, and inspires corporate, academic, and public innovation throughout the entire Columbus Region.
Inspired? Then please, read on.
The marketing coordinator plays a pivotal role in upholding the standard of excellence at the Columbus Partnership, providing marketing support to develop, promote, protect and enhance the image of our organization. The position’s core focus will be supporting the economic development work of One Columbus and the area we represent, the 11-county Columbus Region. The marketing coordinator provides critical assistance on a wide range of projects and initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Website and content management
- Regularly scheduled and on-demand updates of multiple websites; ensure that web content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Prepare and deploy e-mail communications using email marketing software.
- Create, update and proofread materials and presentation decks.
- Assist with social media content development.
Brand asset management
- Build and manage image library; respond to photo requests from partners and media.
- Collect, organize and update database of organization and partner logos, headshots and other assets.
- Manage marketing content libraries and file storage organization.
- Fulfill logo and content requests.
- Maintain inventory of internal materials (note cards, business cards, envelopes, etc.), collateral materials and publications, manage quantities and reorders.
Marketing and communications assistance
- Proof materials, source imagery, research necessary facts and figures, and ensure adherence to brand standards.
- Interface with agency partners to assist with coordination of project needs and timelines.
- Monitor and track relevant news coverage.
- Attend events in support of team and partners.
- Assist with monitoring of campaign performance.
- Assist with press trip coordination.
- Complete miscellaneous projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but work experience of 1-5 years will also be considered for the ideal candidate.
- Positive and collaborative attitude, can-do spirit, interest in current events and growing the Columbus
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, priorities, and projects in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Confidence and willingness to not only execute assignments, but to continuously improve.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Quick learner of new skills and software programs.
- Strong writing and proofreading ability.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in web content management or email marketing systems a plus.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) a plus.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. The Columbus Partnership requires all employees, vendors, and associates to support its nondiscriminatory policies.