Christine is a Principal in the State and Local Tax Practice and the Global Location and Expansion Services (GLES) Practice and of KPMG LLP, based in Columbus, Ohio. Christine has over 20 years of experience at both the state and local level in economic development, including site selection / location analysis, business incentives and credits.
Prior to joining KPMG in January 1999, Christine was the Special Assistant Director at the Ohio Department of Development. She specializes in site selection and negotiating and implementing tax incentives for expanding and relocating companies. Christine has also had experience in many aspects of consulting with communities and public and private entities on economic development issues such as location analysis, targeting and community preparedness.
- Leads, designs and negotiates site selection, location analysis and business incentives for expanding and relocating businesses.
- Analyzes strategic options and recommends capital expansion strategies.
- Assists companies in minimizing start-up costs by maximizing up-front benefits.
- Provides assistance to clients with site selection and incentive negotiation projects ranging from 100 jobs to more than 1000 jobs and investments ranging from $10 million to $2 billion.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author, Credits and Incentives Trends: More States Target Data Center Investments With Specific Sales Tax Programs (Article of the Year, Institute for Professionals in Taxation)
- Frequent lecturer at U.S. economic development/tax forums
- Board Member, Maryhaven
- Member, Area Development’s Editorial Advisory Board
- Member, Ohio Economic Development Association