Invest in US
Columbus 2020 - An Unprecedented Strategy for Economic growth.
The Columbus Region is guided by Columbus 2020, an aggressive economic development strategy.
Columbus 2020 is an economic development organization representing the 11-county Columbus Region, an area ranked as a top location for business. Columbus 2020 works in collaboration with state and local partners to offer comprehensive services to companies evaluating the area.
Our team leverages the strengths of the Columbus Region’s talented workforce, small and large businesses, research and academic institutions, logistics infrastructure and international connections to ignite economic growth and build a healthier, more sustainable future for Central Ohio.
Goals to achieve by the year 2020:
- Add 150,000 net new jobs
- Increase personal per capita income by 30 percent
- Add eight billion dollars of capital investment
- Be recognized as a national leader in economic development
- Retain and expand the companies and industries that call the Columbus Region home today
- Attract major employers to establish operations in the Columbus Region
- Create more commercial enterprises by leveraging research assets and entrepreneurs
- Improve civic infrastructure and political conditions that enhance the economic development environment