Columbus Region statistics
- 11-county region located in Central Ohio
- Population of 2 million people
- Population growth rate of 1.3 percent annually, 2nd fastest among Midwest metro areas with at least 1 million in population
- Driver of Ohio’s population and economic growth
- 54 college and university campuses
- 146,000 college and graduate students and home of the largest university
in the country
- Home to 15 Fortune 1000 headquarters
Columbus and Franklin County Important Statistics
- State capital and largest Ohio city
- 15th largest city in the U.S.
- 4th most populous state capital
- 33rd largest county in the country
Columbus is well connected to the rest of the U.S. and beyond:
- Port Columbus International Airport: 33 destination airports with 155 daily flights.
- Enhanced freight rail connections to East Coast ports in Norfolk, VA, Baltimore, MD, and Wilmington, NC.
- One-day truck drive to 47 percent of the U.S. population, higher than other major distribution centers in the U.S. (Source: Dr. Jean Paul Rodrigue, Hofstra University)