The Project Manager is part of the team that implements Columbus 2020’s project management efforts aimed at providing industry leading client support and customer service throughout the project life cycle, enhancing Columbus 2020’s probability of success.
Daily activities require the efficient management of multiple tasks including: market research, proposal development, monitoring project status, communication with clients and community partners, supporting market visits, and managing the incentive process.
- Prepare professional responses and proposals to project inquiries
- Identify, create and present quality incentive proposals to JobsOhio
- Manage the strategy for client follow-up and ongoing project related communications
- Support our local economic development partners in effectively and efficiently responding to economic development opportunities
- Manage the execution of company and consultant market visits
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a network of national location advisors and corporate real estate professionals
- Support the business retention, expansion and development strategy of Columbus 2020
- Assist with the planning and execution of business development missions
- Support the effort to identify business growth opportunities within the Columbus Region
- Foster and build relationships with key partners, investors and stakeholders throughout the 11-county region
- Track all relationships, campaigns and project activity in Salesforce.
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build business and community relationships
- Work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- A self-starter with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters is a requirement of this position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills with experience in Salesforce or similar CRM
- Some travel regionally and nationally
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a background in planning, marketing, real estate, business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in economic development, specifically collaborating with both existing industry and new attraction clients
Please send your cover letter and resume to ProjMGR@columbusregion.com.
Deadline for submittals is February 21, 2018.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, handicap/disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, U.S. military service or ancestry.